Since I started making the dolls for the children in need, I have been making puppies for the boys. They looked like this:
They were very cute, but tiny and too many little pieces for something I need to make lots of. I had been searching for a pattern that would have the same appeal for a boy, but be more fun to sew up.
I think I found it.
Enter the fox. From this pattern that I found a while back on Etsy.
The fox so far seems to meet all of the requirements: sturdy, fun to make, materials are easy to find, appealing to little boys and not scary. He's cute, but not too cute.
This past weekend, with the help of an assistant, a skulk of foxes got made. Soon they will go out with a bunch of other dolls, some to Family Promise in central Massachusetts and some to foster children in Connecticut.