I have made about two dozen of these puppies over the past year. The pattern is cute, it works, repeatedly, and most importantly, the puppies are cute.
But they take a lot of time to make. A LOT. They look fairly simple. But they are a lot of little tiny pieces, spots, noses, tails, inner ears, outer ears. And the pieces are all tiny. Much smaller than I am used to working with.
Because the puppie production is slow and fussy, the boys always have to wait longer for their tranisitional object. The girls received their dolls weeks ago. And that makes me feel bad.
So this is the last batch of puppies.
I have found a fox pattern that I am looking forward to trying. He is bigger. He will be made out of cotton. The puppies are made from a soft twill that frays and is hard to manipulate on a small small scaled object. And he is cute. Especially with the fabrics I have in mind
So, hopefully next time the boys won't have to wait so long. And I won't feel bad.